Ways to Prevent Plastic Mold Seizing
by：Vowin Rapid Prototyping
Due to the effect of injection pressure, the plastic mold is deformed and dislocated, and excessive pressure is applied to the plastic mold.
1: Why do plastic molds slide?
1) The sliding part of the plastic mold is insufficiently lubricated.
2) Insufficient rigidity of the sliding part of the plastic mold
3) The sliding part of the mold is deformed and dislocated.
Two: Methods to prevent plastic molds from biting
1) The rigidity of the plastic mold should be large. Note that the screws of each part of the mold should be fastened firmly.
2) Quenching the sliding part to make the sliding part have sufficient hardness.
3) The sliding part is made of different steel and copper to prevent seizure.
4) Lubricants such as molybdenum disulfide and copper powder are used for sliding parts.
1) If the lubricant contains oil, it is easy to cause network cracking when it adheres to the injection molded product.
2) The plastic mold has a slight biting phenomenon, and lubricants need to be added after polishing.