Injection Molding Common Problems Dimension Deviation of Plastic Parts
by：Vowin Rapid Prototyping2023-02-12
The size of the plastic part generally depends on: 1) Type of plastic material, including additives.
2) Injection mold shrinkage index.
3) Injection molding conditions. Since the injection mold and plastic material have been determined, the injection molding operator can only adjust the size of the plastic part by changing the injection molding conditions.
Reasons for dimension deviation of plastic parts
1) The overall shrinkage of plastic parts is unreasonable. 2) Dimensional changes in the length and width directions.
3) Changes in the internal dimensions of plastic parts.
4) The size difference of the injection mold cavity.