SLA technology is based on the polymerization principle of liquid photocurable resin, while exposed to certain wave length and strength ultraviolet ray, this liquid material will rapidly make polymerization reaction, at that time, the number of molecule will drastically increase, via these complicate procedures, liquid material is turned into solid material.SLA technology relys on the computer and material technology. Moreover, instead of the traditional way of mechanical work, laser moulding technology, according to the component geometry information which generates from CAD, dominates three-dimensional numeric control molding system. Thus, the laser beam will accumulate material into the parts, by this way, there is no need to design and mechanical process the mould or professional tools, which obtain striking upsurge of product efficiency and manufacture flexibility. Here are some characteristics of SLA rapid prototyping:
1) the high accuracy of manufacture, which could be 0.1mm
2) could make complete and intensive structure production, especially apply to the small electrical products,toys, crafts, ornaments, etc
3) produce components quickly,and make 0.1-0.15mm hierarchical scan
4) high quality of the appearance, produce delicate detail thin-wall structure,which is contribute to post-treatment.
5) the integrity and precision of product construction,some elaborate parts are able to be manufactured that CNC palm can’t deal with,in a certain degree,ease the work of finishing.
6) the disadvantages of SLA rapid prototyping,the material of photocurable resin is reversely unitary while the laser molding is adopted.What’s more,the tenacity and strength of SLA palm isn’t as good as CNC palm, and the undercut area is easy to be broken.